Monday, August 30, 2010

Softball Wrap-up, and the end of summer.

As the summer said good-bye the last couple of weeks I reveled in the memories that made it so great.

It didn't end the way I wanted to but both softball seasons had greatness on and off the field. While On Tap's season ended in a 1-2 finish in the tournament, McKees powered to the winners bracket finale before then losing to on a Tuesday to finish 3rd. It was a sad end for the McKees group who I had only lost one game with since joining the squad before the "Twofer Tuesday" to end it. I can't go in to every moment here or break it down like I did with the state tourney. Needless to say our team is hungry and I'm going to let my memories stew and fuel my fire until next season. That said I'm sure that softball will come up again during the 2010 Pich' Awards in many ways. It was an excellent summer and softball was the centerpiece of that. Thanks to all the great teammates who made it so special!

At work the days of 2:30-11 start tomorrow. It makes me feel like I only have 2 days a week to really do anything again which is what always bothered me about the second shift. I'm going to work harder to have a life despite my schedule. At my age I can't afford to waste as much time as I did before. I was outside a lot in the final weeks. Working on the game ops building, and prepping for soccer season. I feel that as soon as I get comfortable on the 2nd shift again that I'll be OK.

Which leads me in to my doctor's appointment I recently had. I hadn't seen a doctor in a long time and it was good to get some questions answered. I also was advised on ways to deal with the upcoming SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and I'm optimistic that the things I was told will help me get through it. I was pretty worried about it especially this year because the newness of being back in Vermont is wearing off, going back to the night shift sucks, and with the SAD on top of it I figured I'd better not just grit my teeth and bare it like I did both years in Milwaukee.

Here's some quick hits before I wrap-up:

- I went to the Champlain Valley Fair the other day and I probably will again before it ends... it was nice to reacquaint with the Fair as I hadn't been in 3 years.

- Where is everyone for cards on Monday nights? Let's get some in or next semester I'm taking a night class instead.

- Stephen Strasburg will recover and be the best pitcher ever... everyone can stop thinking he's done, or that this is awful... if he fixes it now he'll be here for the playoff run next year. The Nats better days are ahead of them and so are Stephen's.

- I have recently decided to start putting together a few sets in hopes of starting a career in comedy. I've thought about ti for years and finally I'm ready to put things together and use my powers of laughter inducing for good. Just a friendly warning.

- Talking Trash is still on the back burner. Not sure if I want to fill my little available time with the show right now.

- I'm heading to Portland, Maine for a couple days over the Labor Day weekend. I haven't seen my Mom in over a year! I can't wait to see her and southern Maine where I haven't been in 2 1/2 years.


Ok... those aside and all that you know I must say I've been happy lately. Seems odd since the softball season ended prematurely and I'm about to go back to crappy hours at work, but a certain someone still has me smiling. In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that." For now....

So the Summer said good-bye over the last couple weeks. It was fun while it lasted, but I honestly feel ready to say hello to the Fall. In the Fall... I'll rise... stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment