Friday, February 25, 2011

Welcome to the OBZ... a February check-in

I've always tried to live life so that I didn't regret anything. Be it not doing something or taking an opportunity when presented. However as I've gotten older I realize I can't honestly admit that I have little to no regrets. I think of new ones everyday. I don't let them eat me up because I'm good about living in the 'now,' but it still helps me attack the future to look back on things I regret. I'd love to share some of them here, but as part of my new 'less is more policy' I'm abstaining. However I will discuss one.

Lately I just haven't been happy. I don't think the SAD is all to blame here. I'm just not sure where I'm going and I don't like that the only things that I do see that make sense don't excite me either. I feel like living in Vermont makes me more bitter by the day, and I don't want to grow to hate a place I love being from. 'These little town blues' (to borrow a phrase from Sinatra) just never melt away... much like the hoards and hoards of snow this year. I feel often times like myself in high school again... bored with the curriculum doing barely enough to get by... not feeling challenged in a positive way that excites me to succeed, learn, or do great things. I miss that spirit that built in me during my time at the Bradley Center. I miss the way that job challenged me or kept it interesting by coming up with new stuff. Stuff that I felt mattered. Often times I feel wasted here and my level of enthusiasm is at an all-time low. I hope the different earlier hours and better weather improve my feelings at work in the months to come.

So... I hate it when I'm in "optimal blogging zone" or the "OBZ" as I call it, and I write some stuff that I just can't share. It's stuff I maybe needed to write to realize... but it's not meant for public eyes. It was pretty telling and maybe someday I can share some of the goodness that was here for the last 15 minutes before I decided to cut it out. I'll say this about the now-missing-paragraph, it made me sound like a dick, who doesn't want to come off as one. I don't think anyone ever wants that, but sadly most people can't handle the truth (to borrow a movie quote).

Basically I check-in less because I don't know what to say that I feel like sharing. Think of it as not writer's block but more like too much too say. Not all quality or worthy of sharing or venting about either. I'm sure life will take another upswing if only even for the precious spring and summer months. However I'll use the winters like this as motivation to make change. If 2011 is truly "The Year of The Pich'" as I've joked.. then for sure the next 10 months will deliver me from somberness, drama, and lead me towards where I want to be personally, professionally, and physically.

QUICK HITS

- Mad congrats to the Green Bay Packers on their Super Bowl win! Not only was my Dad happy but Wisconsin is standing tall for my visit in late March early April and I also won $200 on the score outcome!

- With money I won above I finally got a flat screen TV that works. 37' Vizio 120hrtz pretty pleased with it. The few things I've been spending money on while I'm in this saving period are things I'll need when I move eventually. The next big item will be a bed, but that will wait until closer to moving day.

- I've been watching a lot of the show "Weeds" lately. A Showtime series about a suburban housewife that sells pot. Great plot twists and entertaining dramedy at every turn. I was referred to it a long time ago and now through Netflix I'm catching up. I'm already on season 3!

- I've fallin way behind schedule with the Pich' Awards. I never have the time to devote to them lately and I feel like if I don't do it right I shouldn't do it at all... which is why it's taking so long... cause it will be done right, dammit!

- A few weeks ago I got some of my new bumper stickers to adorn my rig very soon. Anyone interested can have a 'Everything Boston Sucks' sticker... I have 3 extras... help spread the word about the worst city in America!

- Anyone local to Vermont might have had the displeasure of hearing the Rob and Rich Show on ESPN radio. I listened to the show quite a few times the first couple of weeks but it's just horrible. Mostly because of Rich Haskell who would be better served to keep his high-pitched voice in the Lake Monsters booth where it belongs. The show also stinks because they are local guys homering it up. Too much info on High School and D3 junk. Other than the UVM chatter I've never enjoyed a moment of their show. People in Vermont realize their local sports suck, that's why we like to hear about the national sports to get sports news from the real stuff. Rob and Rich have even been unprofessional enough to fire back on myself and my friend who have said that we don't like their show. News Flash: if you're in the public eye you're going to have haters and people that like you... breathe in the good and ignore the bad like a professional. In other words if we're streaking on your field disrupting the game, don't show us on TV and celebrate it... that what bullies want, or in this case, what haters want... and what's the one thing we know about haters?

HATERS GONNA HATE

...but seriously the show is so bad I welcome you to listen yourself and if you like it you probably like Boston teams and mediocrity.

- That was a long Quick Hit... sorry

- That was a short one... your welcome

- Finally... The Rock.. has come back... to the WWE! Wrestlemania sales will be off the hook, but better next year when The Rock goes one on one with Boston area bum John Cena!


Alright I'm off for now. You stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment