Saturday, April 30, 2011

29 Photos for the 29th of April... My Birthday



As my 32nd birthday approached I realized it would be a pretty average day. I had to work and with my usual co-hort on vacation calling sick or taking the day off wasn't really an option. Also I didn't see the need seeing as I don't need to celebrate on the psychical day. However I decided that since I hadn't taken pictures in a while ( I shoot mostly video now) that I'd go old school and have a day with the camera. Above there is shot 1 of the day taken at Midnight after I had gotten home from work Thursday night. The BirthDAY had now begun. I sadly then penned the Atlanta Hawks past my Orlando Magic from earlier in the night. Pictured below.




Then after only 2 minutes of day Connie Richer scored the 1st Birthday well wish at 12:02AM!




From there I decided to have a snack to kick-off my birthday right... and I went cereal but had to choose between 3 classic favorites. I decided to go with Frosted Flakes because like me "There're Great!" and it's my birthday after all...




The cereal is enlarged to show texture... but any-who I rock the soy milk as to avoid the lactose issues... Then I decided to chase that with some pie my Dad brought me a few days earlier as sort of a birthday cake... because I love Apple pie.



It was a peach pie... but ate it anyway. I had never had it before but it was pretty tasty in in my Dad's defense the label on the side was small. While I ate I watched 'Cougar Town' on Hulu... it's a guilty pleasure show, but it makes me laugh.



Then it was time to shave off the playoff beard. The Canadiens and Magic were both upset in the 1st round of their respective playoffs and this meant the beard had to come off. Here I size it up...




Then after the shave and shower I examine the new face which looks chubby and I hate all pictures of me from now forward. I require some facial hair... this is not a good look for me. I did leave myself a small 5 o'clock shadow in hopes that in a couple of days it will be a 7 o'clock shadow.



After the shower and shave I headed downstairs to get some laundry going. and great the basement is flooded... again.





After I started laundry I got to doing what I do most evenings which is my quest with the Washington Nationals on MLB 11 The Show. I'm already in September and have played every game! Maybe I shouldn't be proud of it but hey I don't have cable so instead of watching TV I play video games. Anyway here I get set for a 4-game series with at Citi Field against the Mets.




After taking 3 of the 4 against the Mets it's time for bed. And it's 5:30AM cause that's how I roll and I had to play 4 games tonight 2 of which went into extra innings. Anyway I retired to hibernate away a large portion of the day.



12:12pm is the time I was born and my Mom always calls me then.



But of course I'm still...



Upon waking up at around 1:50pm I start my day like a champion... or at least a really good role player. I watch 'The Office' and say good-bye to Michael Scott on Hulu as I wake up. Between the Canadiens, Magic, and Scott I've lost a lot of favorites this week...



Then I figure out which hat to wear today which usually dictates the outfit. Here's a look at the hats I have spread out in the spare room which I pretty much use as a walk-in closet for accessories.



From there it was off to work but not without yelling at the freeloading cat that always hangs out in and around our neck of the woods. He ruins my day everyday, with his laziness and slothful-like ways. I usual bark at him to 'Get a Job' or 'Find your own home you don't live here.' Sometimes I'm more cruel... depends on my mood. Today he just gets a stare-down and he respectfully stares back as if he knows to not get in my way for at least 1 of the 365 days of this year.




Then I get in my car to drive to work. Only about a 2.5 mile drive and in fact I only filled my tank once in April!



Soon after my arrival I am doing some Zamboni work and actually have a fair amount on my plate today because I'm working alone for the entire shift.



Despite things heating up later to keep me busy I finally connect with my Mom after some phone tag, and later my Dad who both wish me a happy birthday and we exchange pleasantries.



For lunch I had a Taco Bell grilled stuft burrito leftover from yesterday and a UVM issue cookie.



Then I stayed busy doing a little of this and a little of that. Tomorrow the Special Olympics has things going on and there was also a dance recital set-up, and the final lacrosse games for men and women tomorrow so there were a lot of little things to do aside fro the usual. Lately I've started a painting project in my free-time to turn all the ugly light-green beams in the hockey rink to the dark green school-color they should be. Should keep me busy this summer.



Look at that Majestic Mountain Cat!



Then after finishing the last ice and locking everything up I headed for home.



Soon after coming in the door I see my birthday card my Dad has left on the table. I open it to a great surprise and the song 'The Climb' by my girl... well done Father!



From there I had to feed the hunger inside me, and sweet potato fries and chicken nuggets always do that trick.



Then a couple of friends stopped by with 2 bins of mini cupcakes... I ate several of them in typical "me" fashion which sent Rose, a relative newcomer to my feasting ways in to an amazement bout of laughter. This is the surviving tray.



At this point my technical Birth DAY had finished and eventually I got back in to some MLB 11 and eventually went to bed. There is an outing planned for Saturday night after I get out of work early. No solid plan is made yet but folks will be downtown and the celebrating that most would figure for a birthday will be in full effect. Maybe I'll take pictures of that too! All in all, it was a better birthday than the last one I spent in Vermont back in '08, long story, and therefore in it's mediocrity it was a solid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment