Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brief thoughts on leaving Milwaukee

This is hard. I've not really spoken too much about leaving.

I haven't sat to write anything about leaving Milwaukee yet for fear that I'll sit and write all night. Also it's hard to find a place to start, and think of a way to end. It's sad. How will I say good-bye to the people, places, and things that have made these past few years all that they were? The good, the bad, the ugly... it was all here.

I haven't had to say good-bye to anyone or anything too major yet. Still a few days left of work at the Pettit, trying to plan a final get-together based on when I roll out of town, and packing and prepping for the move.

This was where my dream to move to a big city, and fresh start by myself came true. Where I had some of my highest highs, and lowest lows. As the clock ticks down on my time here it's hard to not look nostalgically at everything. It's more difficult than when I left Vermont, because I don't know when I'll ever be back to visit. It seems more final.

Basically what it equates to is that I can't think Vermont, and the future, too much more until I get over the hurdle of actually leaving Wisconsin. Aside from moving details, and prep I can't get caught up in the return, until I leave.

I don't want to say too much more right now. It's too soon. I just want to make it clear that I feel moving back to Vermont is the best thing for me right now for a few reasons, but it doesn't make leaving here any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment